Abbeyfield Australia and all its affiliated Abbeyfield societies across Australia are community based organisations run by volunteers.
Our volunteers fulfil many challenging yet rewarding roles – and all make a tangible contribution to their respective communities.
Abbeyfield's Volunteers bring special skills and expertise with them. Some have professional backgrounds; others have gained their experience through their life in the community. All contribute to making Abbeyfield and effective and caring way of meeting the housing needs of people.
Some of our volunteer roles include:
- Member of a committee of management running an Abbeyfield house or hostel
- Assisting with gardening or basic building maintenance tasks
- Assisting with corporate planning / business planning
- Liaising with prospective residents and their families
- Supervising the housekeeper and relief housekeepers
- Membership of the Board of Abbeyfield Australia or its sub-committees
- Providing administrative support within the small Abbeyfield Australia office
- Fund raising
Volunteering for Abbeyfield is a rewarding way to be involved in your local community. It is a great way to meet like minded people and make friends.
Your support will provide a home for people and give them the opportunity to maintain their independence in a safe and secure environment.