Life Membership is Abbeyfield Australia’s highest membership award and recognizes outstanding service to the organisation. Our wonderful Life Members are:
- Elizabeth McDonald - 2000
- David Simmons - 2000
- Ross Charge - 2001
- Robert Dunster - 2002
- Margaret Tomkins AM PSM - 2002
- Jill Williams - 2004
- Judy Dunster AO - 2005
- Charles Neil Dickins - 2011
- Peter Reed - 2011
- Dimitri Kiriacoulacos - 2012
- Gay Gardner AM - 2015
In November 2010 the Abbeyfield Australia Board reviewed the criteria for Life Membership. The criteria now reads:
- Abbeyfield Australia Life Membership - Awarded by Board resolution to members or past members of Abbeyfield Australia or, in exceptional cases, affiliated societies, for outstanding service to Abbeyfield Australia.
In addition to Life Membership, the Board also approved two Certificates to further recognise contributions to Abbeyfield Australia. The Certificates are:
- Certificate of Meritorious Service - Awarded by Abbeyfield Australia to members of Abbeyfield Australia or its affiliated Societies in recognition of meritorious service to that Society, Abbeyfield Australia or the Abbeyfield organisation in general.
- Certificate of Appreciation - Awarded by Abbeyfield Australia to community or corporate groups or members of the public who have provided assistance to Abbeyfield Australia or its affiliated societies or associations.
Whilst a resolution of the Abbeyfield Australia Board is required to confer Life Membership, a Board resolution is not required to award a Certificate of Merit (Certificate of Meritorious Service) or a Certificate of Appreciation.